1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Eagles' New Album

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Italian_Stallion, Jan 12, 2008.

1. Talk about the height of pretentiousness. (On Henley's part, not Nash's.)

2. Mahoney

Mahoney Member

"Learn to Be Still" sounded more like a Don Henley solo track than an Eagles song, but I thought it was pretty good. Meanwhile, I don't know if everyone's screen displays the same ads, but the banner asking "How Goth are You?" at the bottom of an Eagles thread amuses me. Goth kids love them some Eagles, you betcha.

3. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

"Please Come Home for Christmas" was new in 1960, when co-author Charles Brown released it and it became a regional favorite in the Deep South. I hate the Eagles version, mostly because I only have ears for the Charles Brown original.

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

hater.

5. mojo

mojo Member

I thought the Eagle had died in a tragic gardening accident.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

And I thought the Eagle was the guy on the right
    [​IMG]

8. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Yes, I'm reviving this thread. LOL! etc.

Finally got around to listening to this thing, about a month after I picked it up. On song No. 10, some have been OK, but most have made me say, "Why would anyone bother to write and record this song?" There's just no point, except to put out another nice little album with the name Eagles on it.

I mean, its not Re-Load bad as far as bad records by bands I like. But it's just . . . THERE. Not that I was looking for something groundbreaking, but it just hasn't jumped out at me yet.

And while I said earlier there is no way I'd see them live now, having finally tracked down a bootleg or two of their 1994 tour, I am content. They were damn good on that tour; all the solo stuff sounded great.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

I'll admit: I was so surprised to see this thread back up here that I re-read the entire thing.

10. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

SEVEN BRIDGES ROAD! SEVEN BRIDGES ROAD!

Oh who am I kidding? I fucking hate that song.

11. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

I agree. I got over "Get Over It" pretty damn quick, too.

12. Italian_Stallion

Italian_Stallion Active Member

I never cared for Get Over It. I still have the new one in my car, but I don't listen to it much. There are only a few songs that I care to hear. The war-related song is very good. I crank it up. But some of the stuff is drivel.

Draft saved Draft deleted