1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Eagles' New Album

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Italian_Stallion, Jan 12, 2008.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Oh man I could not stand that song. We had a running joke at the school paper that Don wrote that song for a beer commercial but never sold it.

Had a bad day at work? Wife leaving you for a younger man? A cat beat up your dog? Get over it with taste of a good cold Budweiser. Budweiser: Helping you get over it since 1876.

2. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Of course, I could always dedicate the song TO Don Henley at karaoke. That'd kill him in more ways than one since he's so anti-karaoke.

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

why? i haven't heard about that.

4. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

I have a problem with Tom Petty commenting on the Eagles.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

get over it. ;)

(god damn that was fun. everybody around here quotes me.)

6. fishwrapper

Speaking of which. On the Cowboys/Giants/Fight thread, someone is quoting YOU, using caps.
    That must really piss you off.

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i just might boycott the super bowl. that'd show them cocksuckers.

8. fishwrapper

You're a little pissy, today.

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

yeah. i started getting that way yesterday. i was exposed to a pissy person then, you know.

10. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if I have any official stance on it, but the gist of it is that he feels like drunks warbling his songs somehow cheapens them.

It's a sharp contrast from Graham Nash's opinion (this I remember from his specific answer to my question on his Web site). I can directly quote Nash: "Keep on singing, no matter how or where."

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Don Henley can rot in hell.

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

coming from someone who's been fucked up half his life, henley's stance actually is kind of funny.

Draft saved Draft deleted