1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Eagles' New Album

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Italian_Stallion, Jan 12, 2008.

1. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Looking at their Web site (eaglesband.com) . . . . they;re selling the new album for $11.88, $13.88 with bonus disc.

For a double album.

I think that has something to do with how well it has sold; getting a lot of bang for the buck.

2. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Strongly disagree on "Love Will Keep Us Alive." One of their best ballads ever, with Schmitt sounding like his old self.

As for the new album ... I DL'd the tracks about a month ago. Was not overly impressed. Not up to their old standards.

3. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

I heard it recently. The single, Long Road to Eden, is pretty good, but the rest of the album didn't seem to measure up.

4. Walter_Sobchak

Walter_Sobchak Active Member

[​IMG]

The Dude: Jesus, man, could you change the channel?
    Cab Driver: Fuck you, man. If you don't like my fuckin' music get your own fuckin' cab!
    The Dude: I had a rough...
    Cab Driver: I pull over and kick your ass out!
    The Dude: Come on, man. I had a rough night and I hate the fuckin' Eagles, man!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. God, do I loathe the Eagles. Which is weird, because I think Henley and Frey solo are OK.

6. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

The one song I have heard from it sounded more like the Traveling Wilburys than the Eagles.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

They pretty much suck in all forms.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Don't you belittle Glenn Frey's solo output!

I heard the song "How Long" so much I started to like it in spite of myself.

But yeah, Don Henley is a world-class douche, making a mint bitching about the Reagan years then turning around and selling the Eagles album in WalMart.

9. For the most part, agreed. But I can't complain much about "Smuggler's Blues" and, of course, "Dirty Laundry."

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

I'll punch anyone who doesn't believe "Smuggler's Blues" is one of the top five videos of all-time.

you hear that Zeke? I'll punch you. right in the baby maker.

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

do you lose IQ points at 30k?

frey is the weak link, my friend.

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Ha Ha! Your penis is unbearably small.

Draft saved Draft deleted