1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Dwarf strikes: The best thing about Detroit is ... me

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by slappy4428, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Epic, indefensible drool.

And what does this make Delta, for publishing this tripe?

2. joeggernaut

joeggernaut Member

I'm pretty sure at this point he just writes anything anti-tech. His most recent column on Twitter sounds like the only thing he knows about it is that athletes use Twitter and that they use Twitter on their phones. STOP THIS NEW-FANGLED MEDIUM!

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

That was a pretty nice smackdown.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Tuesdays With Morrie. Wednesdays Scrapbooking With Mitch.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Be honest. Seems like a bunch of folks here would like to take a sharp pair of shears to Mitch.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

The author is Myatt Murphy, whose own website -- myattmurphy.com -- is as much of a self-fellating testament to his own self-importance as Dwarf.com.

"In 2007, Murphy breaks ground in several different genres to expand his writing experience even further. Some of the upcoming projects in development include several illustrated children’s books, a humorous non-fiction service book and a fiction novel. "

And a fiction-laded magazine piece to boot.

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

As opposed to a non-fiction novel.

Or, the ultimate . . . fictional non-fiction. You take it from there.

8. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

A fiction novel, while redundant, is at least an attempt at honesty. That's something that continues to escape Mr. Albom.

9. spud

spud Member

This may be old news to most, but I went through Albom's original apology piece after the infamous Mateen Cleaves/Jason Richardson column for the first time just now. What a self-serving douche.

A couple lowlights:

I'd never seen anybody backpedal by running forward before. In his little munchkin-sized mind of minds, I don't think he thinks he did anything wrong.

Draft saved Draft deleted