1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The dumbest thing I've ever read (excluding my posts)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Jan 16, 2008.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

From LJB's favorite BLOG!!!! ProFootballTalk.com:

TV STATION PULLS "SEINFELD" TO MESS WITH ELI by Michael David Smith

The Green Bay Fox affiliate WLUK says it will not air Seinfeld in its regular Saturday afternoon time slot because it's Eli Manning's favorite show and the station doesn't want Manning to feel welcome when his Giants visit the Packers.

"Why give comfort to the enemy?" said FOX 11 Vice President and General Manager Jay Zollar. "Green Bay Packers fans do not want any of the New York Giants to get a good night's sleep and FOX 11 will do its part."

But if the station really wants to get in Manning's head, why doesn't it take a page from the All-Seinfeld Team and show the episode where Jerry gets the bad haircut?

Uhh, jackass? There's this thing called a DVD. I can imagine if watching a Seinfeld the day before a game is that important to Eli, he's bought the DVDs and a portable player so that he can watch the show for several hours. He's not going to crawl into the fetal position because you pulled a half-hour episode.

Attention-seeking douchebag. Of course I only assisted in that right here. Blast!

2. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Well at least Eli has a good excuse if he doesn't play well ....

3. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

Maybe they'll show The Client instead.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Nah. They don't want to send the Pack into mourning, too.

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Shit, I thought you'd gone and pulled some of my long-ago columns.
    Carry on.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Normally I'd think the station boss would get a big atta boy from Fox HQ, but considering the HQ is in NYC, probably not so much.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I rather expected to see the cover of the five people you meet in heaven.

8. Dangerous_K

Dangerous_K Active Member

At the risk of becoming a board pariah, I'll admit that I liked "The Five People..."

9. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Re: Thread title

I didn't think it was possible that you could read through your posts and still hit the 'post' button when you were finished...

:)

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

You chose... poorly.

11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Like Manning has the dough to buy those DVDs. ...

12. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Eli's like the Tampa Bay Buccaneers -- he can't win in the cold weather.

But a better thread title would have been "TV station tells Eli 'No Seinfeld for you!'"

Draft saved Draft deleted