1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The dumbest poll of all-time

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MisterCreosote, Nov 23, 2011.

1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

A new Washington Post/ABC News poll measures approval ratings ... for Thanksgiving dinner.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/behind-the-numbers/post/rally-around-thanksgiving/2011/11/01/gIQAmq2qmN_blog.html

To sum up, 89 percent of Republicans "strongly favor" it, but only 77 percent of America-hating Democrats feel the same.

In other news, recent polls have found that 92 percent of Tea Partiers strongly support telling kids that Santa isn't real, and 87 percent of Occupy Wall Street protesters strongly oppose showering every day.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I disagree with your assessemnt, M. Creosote. I think nonsense polls like that are very valuable, since they remind us that a) all polls should be viewed with extreme caution and b) the great American public is lucky it doesn't walk into inanimate objects on a regular basis.

3. When I read the thread title - I was sure this was about Who Wants to Sex the Mutumbo

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Approval numbers would be a lot lower if the Lions sucked again this year.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

My thought, too

Draft saved Draft deleted