1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Duel II

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DanOregon, Apr 9, 2009.

1. sostartled

sostartled Member

When he decked the French guy...I thought people were supposed to get sent home for that.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

He got sent home like 20 minutes into the first episode a year or two ago. That guy's got serious issues. I never understood the him and Diem thing.

3. imjustagirl

EVAN'S BACK!!!!

Thank god.

4. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

That fight, even by the high standard set by the Challenges, was something else. The fact that 14 male cast members and the production crew could not stop C.T. — awesome.

5. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Dear Robin,
    Please retire from MTV reality shows.

Thanks.

6. Say what you want, but I love the challenge shows. I had this episode set to record for a couple of weeks now. I'm 35. How sad.

Anyway. Some thoughts:

- Adam might have a big ol' lawsuit against MTV for the fact NO ONE could protect him from CT. MTV had no security. It's not reasonable for them to count on the cast to protect one another. Then again, Adam threw the first punch.

- CT is a raging idiot but I still take his side over Diem. Why can't he sleep with whoever he wants if they're not dating? Did she really expect them to go to New Zealand together, have a plutonic relationship AND him not bang any of the whorish girls? She's as big an idiot as he is.

- Who the hell is this Shavaun? girl? I'm guessing she was on Australia - which I didn't watch - but even looking at pictures of that cast I don't recognize her. Either way, I'm guessing she's taking Beth's place as the new bad girl.

7. Corky Ramirez up on 94th St.

Corky Ramirez up on 94th St. Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Were he still alive, Dennis Weaver would have gotten pretty worried reading this thread title.

8. Shauvon is a pig (in personality and physical appearance). She was on Real World a few years ago (not Brooklyn; was it Hollywood?). Don't know why she keeps lying when they obviously had sex.
    C.T. is a crazy person. I really wish they'd stop bringing people like him on. I know it's supposed to be good television, but it just pisses me off. He's such a bully and obviously always picks on Adam because he's the smallest guy.
    I was a little disappointed in the other guys for not doing more to stop him early on. It was basically, "Break it up." It needed to be physically restraining him. It finally took Dunbar (who is even bigger than C.T.) to do that, at least until they got outside.
    I'm no psychologist, but it's pretty clear to me Diem as major self-esteem issues and she is in an abusive relationship with C.T. (though it may be only emotionally abusive). She keeps wanting him back. Why? He's a loser. She obviously could do a lot better. Then she shows up on the Aftershow with a new set of silicone. I just feel sorry for her.
    Having said all that, I love these challenges and I'm sure I'll be with it to the end.

9. No surprises, but bringing CT back shows how hypocritical MTV is. "We don't encourage fighting" but if you do punch someone we'll show it 500 times. They should have banned him from all programs the first time he punched someone, especially after he hit Davis for no reason a couple of years ago.

But if they banned people for punching there'd be a lot less of it, and they don't want that.

10. I agree. I'm pretty sure they used to do the lifelong ban for people who fought, but now it's a virtual guarantee that you'll get another invitation (as will the other person you fought).

11. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

CT has some severe anger-management issues. Last summer, his brother was shot and killed because he was going after a guy with an ax. Dude had a shotgun and that was the end of that. I guess it runs in the family.

That said, Diem breaks up with CT because of "career first" then gets mad because CT bangs a ho? Sorry Diem, breaking up with a guy means giving back the key to his dick.

I will repeat, though: CT has some major problems and he needs help. He's exactly the type of person I hate.

12. imjustagirl

I'm not excusing Diem, because obviously she DID break up with him...but the emotional attachment doesn't just go away. If you love someone, and I truly believe she loves CT, then seeing him treat sex like a throwaway with a whore he just met IS painful and I can see why she'd say it was disrespectful.

It's not right, I know. But as a woman, trust me ... I get it.

Draft saved Draft deleted