1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The downside of winter...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rosie, Jan 31, 2008.

1. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Raises hand. Also laughs at the notion that -16 is cold.

2. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

[​IMG]

A sauna is a small room or hut. Very common all over Northern Minnesota. A small fire or heater heats up the sauna, you sit in it, then afterwards you either roll in the snow or jump in the lake. Or, rinse off in the shower.

Amreader, 16 below isn't cold, unless you have no heat in your home late at night. Then, it's a concern.

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

OK, we now know you're blonde.

;D *ducking* ;D

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Why? Is it just to warm up? And why do you roll in the snow afterward?

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

To cool down, silly.

6. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

It's not just to warm up. It's to get a good sweat going. It opens the poors. Then you jump in the snow and it feels great. Just don't stay too long.

I also like to jump into the snow after sitting in an outdoor hot tub in the dead of winter. Doesn't mean I like winter, though.

7. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Interesting.
    It is always fascinating to me to hear about what people do in other parts of the country.

8. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Don't make me ground you, SM51. :mad: ;) :D

9. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

My furnace has been out since last night. Just so you know, 41 is not an appropriate indoor temperature.

10. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Mine was down last week but it only got down to 55 before I got the furnace guy to come over.

11. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Is it that cold up there?

12. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Yup. The inside temp hasn't reached the outside temp yet, thanks to the fireplace, but it's getting there. If the furnace guy doesnt make it tonight (still up in the air), some Marriott points might need to come into play.

Draft saved Draft deleted