1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"The Donald" Approached To Buy Buffalo Bills

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BNWriter, Apr 1, 2014.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Trump has never filed for bankruptcy.

He'll also never buy the Bills, and this is surely a result of him floating his own name, for the sake of publicity.

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

http://www.forbes.com/sites/clareoconnor/2011/04/29/fourth-times-a-charm-how-donald-trump-made-bankruptcy-work-for-him/

No. "He" has not.

3. YankeeFan

Right. Why the need for quotes.

Energy Future, a company owned/controlled by Warren Buffett is "near" bankruptcy:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-03-28/fidelity-said-to-be-near-pact-on-energy-future-bankruptcy-plan.html

Once it happens, should we just refer to Buffett as a "notorious bankruptcy-filer"?

4. 93Devil

Find three other times he has done it.

If you are owed money by either a person or a LLC, you are still getting fucked over if they go Chapter 11.

5. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

A season ticket holder's take: He may well have been contacted by one of the local groups trying to put together a bid for the team, but I wouldn't count on him being the majority owner.

6. YankeeFan

Buffett's own company was saved from bankruptcy by the Tarp bailout:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/17/opinion/17buffett.html?_r=2&

And, what's great about that is that the government money went to firms that Buffett had deals with, which meant they didn't have to default on those deals with Warren.

In his personal life, Warren didn't see a reason to provide money, to stave off bankruptcy, when he knew the money would just go to creditors, who knew the risk they were taking when they entered into the deal:

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Thank GOD we bailed out the rich people so they can continue to get insanely rich.

8. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

This. (another fan here, btw)

The only person who would want the team from Ralph's family passed away years ago. One of his daughter's, a scout I believe. I think her name was Linda, correct me if I'm wrong.

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Is there any chance they could Packerize the team and have a local board own it?

10. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Bills are small potatoes.

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I don't think the league would allow it today. The Packers were able to do it because the league was in its infancy when they started.

12. 93Devil

Should not have taken this long.

Draft saved Draft deleted