1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Dirk Legume Customer Service Rant

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dirk Legume, Aug 28, 2006.

1. Dirk Legume

Dirk Legume Active Member

I didn't want to jack Rosie's thread (it seemed like a really bad idea) so I am starting a different one along the same lines.

Best Buy can go to hell. There, i've said it.

Saturday, my wife and I go to the Best Buy about 30 minutes away (closest one) and buy the child a new car stereo for her birthday. We couldn't have been treated better...apparently because we had yet to spend. On Sunday, the littlelest Legume goes back to have the stereo installed. It takes 3 hours, but that's fine, thaey said first come first served. She gets the car back and the passenger side speakers don't work. She tells the guy that did the install and he tells her they "must not have been working when she brought it in". She tells them she is sure they were and the guy says, "you're just a kid, how would you know?"

I drove the car the day before and noticed nothing wrong. They just had an opportunity to push around a kid, so they did. They did tell her if she wanted to leave the car overnight, they would look at it the next day but it would be 35 dollars an hour for labor and would probaly take a few hours.

So now i've got to go back up there and make them fix it. The thing that kills me is that there is no way they would have pulled that crap on me or her mother. And the funny thing is, there is a spot on the install reciept where they are supposed to list problems before they start...of course there is nothing there.

Why do these places suck so much? There is no way I buy anything else from these idiots. Don't they realize that if they pull this suff enough, it will affect the bottom line?

2. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Keep complaining to someone there, and especially point how there weren't any problems before and no one marked any down on the install receipt. Don't let 'em fuck you, Dirk! That's what drive-thrus are for.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Ask for the manager, demand they make it right, right now, or they can take the stereo out, give you a refund on the spot and watch as you drive away to Circuit City or (insert local stereo place here)...

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

And if they charged for more than an hour of labor, they're screwing you. Installing a car stereo is so simple, it should never take longer than an hour for a professional, especially if your car already has a wiring harness (which almost any car made in the last 15 years will have).

Hell, I figured out how to install mine without a wiring harness when I was 17 and it took me about an hour and a half (including the time it took to go to the electronics store to by some connectors and a wiring harness). A pro should be able to do it in half the time.

* I loathe places that try to screw you on labor costs. Rounding up to the nearest hour is fine, but don't tell me a 45-minute job took you three hours. [/mini-rant threadjack]

5. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Just because I have steam coming out of my ears and I'm ready to start tossing axes across the yard, what made you think it was a bad idea?! ;)

6. Dirk Legume

Dirk Legume Active Member

Dunno Rosie,

I think i'm just sensitive to the ladies that way ;D

Update to the rant:

After speaking to the floor supervisor (not store manager...he was unavailable), the Mrs. was told that if the speaker wasn't working it would have been noted on the check-in sheet. And it was noted as working when she dropped it off. Now I know that no one actually checked, just automatically wrote it on the sheet. But that is their problem, not ours.

To arms! To arms!

7. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Once I get this football tab done Dirk, I'll chime in. I spent two years back in Car-Fi as an installer/sales/whatever for Best Buy

Draft saved Draft deleted