1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The "Did I really just see that?" thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Aug 16, 2009.

1. Chef

Chef Active Member

A person use the word "ain't and get no" in the same sentence.

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Until the last sentence, I thought it must have been a Whip 'Em Out Wednesday.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I ain't fixin' to get no piss puddles tonight.

4. Chef

Chef Active Member

touche.

Also; I had a person admitting to looking forward to dropping $65 per ticket to Reo Speedwagon in a couple weeks.

Beej just kicked an elderly person out of her wheelchair and doesn't know why.

5. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

Just today:
    - A 25-year-old who looked exactly like Larry the Cable Guy, down to the cutoff flannel shirt, trucker hat and goatee.
    - An massively overweight couple ordering two large-sized combos, plus a side salad, at Wendy's. The man went for the Frosty as his drink, and the rested against the ice tea machine ("It's so cold," he said. "It feels so good.") while he waited for his food.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Yeah I got ya. That salad thing is strange. Maybe they have a pet possum or something.

7. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

And I bet he wonders why his electric bill triples from April to October. At least he never has to turn the heat on ...

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

My brother joining SportsJournalists.com.

9. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I drove down a two-lane road behind someone who was reading the newspaper I had put out just hours before.

10. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

Ain't got no ... satisfaction...

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Bill O'Reilly just announced a poll for his viewers asking them which news organization they trust the least. The choices were The New York Times, PBS, MSNBC and CNN.

Heads will explode.

12. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

For the "Did I just hear that" version of this thread:

During a brief foray outside of "sports" writing, I did a piece on the...cultural significance/resonance of The Lord of The Rings. One piece of my reporting involved standing outside the theatre and doing exit interviews following a screening of the first film (Fellowship).

A guy who weighed AT LEAST 350 pounds, 6-5, dressed in full leather, ZZ Top beard, headed for his Harley:

Me: "Sir, can I ask you some questions?"

Big John Stud stunt double: "Shoot."

Me: "What do you like about The Lord of the Rings" (something to that affect)

Dude: "Well... I just like elves and shit."

Draft saved Draft deleted