1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The "Did I really just see that?" thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Aug 16, 2009.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Last night, in less than 30 minutes I saw ...

A dude riding a Harley, while texting.

Another guy wearing an Ed Hardy tee shirt, Wranglers and a Cowboy hat. He weighed at least 300 and was about 5-foot-9.

2. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Last week, before walking into the newsroom:

A decomposed cat head under the office steps.

3. Chef

Chef Active Member

you win.

4. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Why didn't you feed the fuckin' thing, you bastard?

5. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

When did the Ed Hardy shirt become part of the douchebag uniform? I see those things everywhere now.

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

It's almost as bad as Affliction t-shirts.

7. Sandoval

Sandoval Member

Driving on the DC beltway today: On the left shoulder, a guy re-tying a box spring onto the back of his pickup. Normal enough... until a few seconds later, when I see a car pulled over on the right shoulder, with a partially folded mattress wedged underneath it.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I recently saw a giant "toothaches suck" sign (ad for a dentist) painted on the side of a building visible from the interstate. Has "suck" become as acceptable as "damn"?

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Tiger Woods losing a lead in the final round of a major.

10. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Bravo, bravo.

11. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

A pregnant woman smoking a cigarette and drinking a beer while playing pool in a bar in Knoxville, Tenn., last year.

Then again, maybe that's not all that uncommon in east Tennessee ... [/guy from mississippi's gotta pick on someone]

12. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I had no idea what an Ed Hardy shirt was until the wife mentioned it a couple weeks ago, saying that Jon character from Jon and Kate wears them all the time. So, for the last few weeks, every time we pass someone who looks like a complete douche, we look at each other and say, "There goes Ed Hardy."

I just re-read that paragraph and realized it's completely unfunny. I guess you have to be there. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted