1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Dick Branch of Government

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by zeke12, Jun 21, 2007.

1. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Careful here, Dick Cheney ain't afraid to shoot a mothafucka in the face.

2. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

"What I know, and I’m not a lawyer, and this is an interesting constitutional question that legal scholars can debate, and I’m sure you’ll find plenty of them inside the beltway, is that the Vice President has a unique role in our United States government, he is not only the Vice President of the United States but in that role he is also the President of the Senate. I will let that debate be held, but what I’m answering questions on, in regards to this morning, is Chairman Waxman’s accusations about this small provision, going back and reading the EO and realizing that the President did not intend to have the Vice President treated any differently than himself, and remembering that the executive order is enforced solely by the President of the Untied States. I think this is a little bit of a non-issue.

There are words to describe Dana Perino and her ability to look at herself in a mirror in light of this convoluted pile of verbal roadkill. Decorum precludes me from using any of them.

BTW, anyone catch the comment about not knowing our VP was a member of the "Sith Lord branch of government?" Classic.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Oath of Office for Senators and Congressmen:
    "I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God. "

We've got a war on and the Veep is playing games on a "non-issue?" I liked Cheney better when he was in an undisclosed secure location. I'd like him to go back to another undisclosed secure location and it begins with a G and ends in O.

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

. . . waterboarding . . . 24/7 . . .

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Fantastic stuff...

Rahm Emmanuel introduces a bill to defund the Office of the Vice President.

If he is going to claim independence in court, he can apply for his own funding from Congress, goes the argument.

http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/014786.php

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

7. Another count on the indictment.

8. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Cheney is (and I'm saying this so it should resonate significance) Bush's biggest problem. Always has been unless you consider Rove and Cheney joined at the hip. Until Rowe pushed Bush for the presidency, Bush had a high approval rating as governor of Texas and was seen as a bipartisan bridge builder.

I've always thought of Cheney as an asshole. It's bad when Che Clinton has more respect among Republicans than Cheney does.

9. digger

digger New Member

Who's Rowe?

10. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Rowe v. Wade. ::)

11. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

12. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Rove....I was thinking about row as in a canoe headed for a waterfall....a genuine freudian slip.

Draft saved Draft deleted