1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Dick Branch of Government

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by zeke12, Jun 21, 2007.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Pretty funny. Cheney never struck me as a student of The Constitution.

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Surely they cam find a graduate of Regent Law School to read it for him...

4. He knows several ways to use it to light a fire.

5. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

The fact that Rahm Emanuel just says what he means generally is a good thing. But he's about 6 years too late on that request for Cheney, who is earning a legacy of one of the worst and most un-American politicians ever.

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Quite the Boy Scout, he.

7. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Good point someone had with the energy executive meetings litigation. Didn't Cheney try to invoke exec privilege to get out of reporting who he met with and when? Ah, this admin. One way's not good enough for them. Gotta have it both ways.

'Is you is, or is you not my executive branch' follows by a day W's tears over stem cell saying 'we will not cross that moral line.' Yeah, but lying and getting thousands of people killed, we're okay with crossing that line.

8. DanOregon

The ethical flexibilty it takes to respect the Bush Adminstration reminds me of that Yogi guy who bent himself into a clear box on "That's Incredible" in the 1980s.

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

10. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

No one, with any integrity or respect for the constitution, can think either of those two dangerous buffoons are competent in the least. Cheney is doing his best to make sure this goes down as the worst administration ever, which sucks because it comes at a time when a great one was needed.

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I wonder how well, "It's an interesting question for legal scholars to debate," sounds through a bullhorn...

12. DanOregon

"I do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic, that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same: that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion, and I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God."

Draft saved Draft deleted