1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"The Descent"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Jul 4, 2006.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Anyone seen the commercials for this new horror movie? It looks REALLY good. A bunch of attractive women get trapped underground with some kind of mutants.

Yes, I am a sucker for a suspenseful horror movie advertisement, but this look like it could be as much of a mind-fuck as Blair Witch Project...time, the overhyped marketing program and the god-awful sequel has rendered Blair Witch a bit overrated, but it was pretty damn fascinating back in 1999.

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I'm going to see it ... actually, I'll rent it since I haven't been to see a movie in the theater in almost a year.

It looks good.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

I'm way behind on my horror movies.

I haven't seen any of the Saws or that Hostel flick from earlier this year. Actually, I've pretty much missed anything that came out after "Jeepers Creepers."

And I'm not sure I'm manly enough to watch the Japanese horror movies that freak Buck prefers. :D

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Hostel was good in a gory kind of way. Ditto the Saws and Land of the Dead.

5. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Gutless wonder. :)

Suck it up and take in the creepy goodness that is Hideo Nakata.
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0620378/

---------------

The Descent does look interesting -- might even give Silent Hill a run for my favorite horror flick of the year -- but I hope it doesn't solely lean on the atmosphere to carry the feature.

6. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Hopefully it's rated R

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

It is indeed an R flick.

I agree: While a lot of PG-13 movies these days would have been R's 20 years ago, a PG-13 horror movie just doesn't appeal that much to me.

8. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

When you see shit like beheadings on the internet, PG-13 has virtually no shot with me. Too much desensitization.

9. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

God I hate horror movies.

10. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

I heard it's pretty bad-ass...they screened it at one of the big movie geek film festivals and it slayed.

11. tonysoprano

tonysoprano Member

HELL YEAH I'LL BE SEEING IT!

There's been some funny-as-hell slasher movies come out, but I keep hoping to see a good movie that screws with my mind. This one shows promise.

Draft saved Draft deleted