1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"The Departed" question -- SPOILER FOR THOSE WHO HAVENT SEEN IT

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by slappy4428, Sep 10, 2007.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

True... but with Scorsese anything is possible (like you saw Anthony Anderson's death coming the way it did)...

2. I think the Queenan factor is the big thing. While Dignam and Queenan don't actually have any interaction the whole movie (I think), I always assumed that Queenan was a father-figure-type to Dignam, as evidenced by what happened in the conference room after Queenan's death. Pissed of Dignam, who probably already had his suspicions, and he started really digging around when he was on paid leave. When Costigan dies, and the details of the whole thing get shady, Dignam's suspicions are confirmed, and he hunts down Sullivan.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Fair nuff...

4. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Or Costigan sent Dingnam the same package he gave the shrink, detailing Sullivan's sins.

5. I always thought that the package Costigan gave to Madelyn was intended for Dignam and had the instructions to send it to him. I am almost positive that's what happened and she clearly was alive to get the package to him.

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I don't think there's any doubt about this being the case. That's why the scene just before Sullivan goes to his apartment is Madelyn walking away from him at the funeral looking pissed off and distant. She already knows he's a dead man.

7. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

neither here nor there, but Vera Farmiga is smokin' hot

8. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I hooked up with an older woman (mid-30s) last winter who bore a striking resemblance to her. I can't watch the movie without thinking about that night.

Draft saved Draft deleted