1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Democrats and their stunning hypocrisy on oil.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by old_tony, May 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

This marks the first official "wonder how Fenian would've responded" thread since his departure. This baby was right in his wheelhouse.

2. ATLienCP

ATLienCP Member

The Green River Formation laughs at ANWAR. Yet no one talks about it. Anwar is just a way whiny right-wingers can point at whiny left-wingers and whine some more. If ANWAR had a significant amount of oil it would be used. Money talks.

The Green River Formation holds an estimated 1.5 trillion barrels of oil in the form of oil shale. That is roughly equivalent to the proven reserves of all liquid oil on the planet.

Good thing we have ethanol and our friends in Saudi Arabia and Venezuela or we might just have to get the oil ourselves.

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Wait. The Middle East isn't a wasteland? Hmmm...wonder what I was looking at the three times I went there.

4. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

So what if we drill for oil in ANWR? Who is going to refine it?

5. WS

WS Member

I'm all for drilling in the US, and I despise the environmentalist crap, but who's to say that the oil companies won't continue to screw us?

6. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

7. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

\
    Boone Pickens said yesterday that the refineries are at 82% capacity. He says 85 million barrels a day are being produced and the world needs 87 million barrels. China's gas subsidy doesn't help prices either.

8. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

That's crazy talk.

9. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Themocrats! Stunning! Hypocrisy!

Whatever happened to that thread?

10. pallister

pallister Guest

For God's sake, won't someone think of the caribou.

And "oil" could be replaced with pretty much any noun and the thread title would still hold.

11. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

So I assume you've come up with a way to get all that oil out of the shale? A way that doesn't involve more water use per year than the entire population of the state of Colorado, for one, uses in a year?

12. jboy

jboy Guest

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.