1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The deluxe 2014 Moddy Mix

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Nov 16, 2014.

1. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

Both of my CDs worked fine. I was listening to Naughty via headphones while the kids were reading and wife was playing a game on her phone. I was laughing out loud, and the kids wanted to listed to what was making me laugh. I sent them away.

Thanks again, Moddy!

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

sweet - good to know it wasn't a total screwup. Sent out another batch today. Final batch and replacements go out Monday.

3. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

My nice worked great. Awesome songs. Naughty showed blank.

Thanks much. Brightens the holidays for sure.

4. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Mine arrived yesterday. Only had time to listen to the Nice which played perfectly (and is already loaded to my iPod). Michael Bublé was a great way to start!

Thanks so much for doing this, Moddy. I look forward to it every year. :)

5. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I got two Naughtys. My prudish ears are as red as Rudolph's nose.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Am going back and looking for playlists from missing years ... man, there were some great ones here... 2007was way out of the box... a lot of the unknowns on the playlist here were people I had never heard of like Mabel Scott, Irma Thomas and Marva Wright...
    Am ripping this year's now so I can put in the music on the phone...
    Awesome stuff, Moddy

7. Moderator1

Hell, I may have to ask some of you for copies of the way backs. Not finding everything after the move.

You can make up for my poor performance this year by sending me blanks!

8. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

This kind of makes me wish I had held on to my copies from years' past. I think I had every one from 2006 or 07 on.

9. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I'll repeat my annual offer: willing to pay shipping for someone to send me along their old Moddy Mixes, from 2005 or whenever they became an SJ thing through 2008. I got on the bandwagon late.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I have everyone back to 2006... except for that blank naughty disk... also dug up the playlists through 2006 except for this year. Figured out all but three of the songs on the nice CD, but not many of the artists.

Being an old fart around here has its rewards....

11. Moderator1

Replacements and the final batch go out this week - I apologize for the problems. I've tested all the recent burns and they seem to be working fine but we've had more issues this year than all previous years combined. Hopefully this set works. I appreciate your patience and your continued interest.

I'll also post the playlists later this week.

Ho Ho de Ho Ho Ho

Vombatus likes this.
  12. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

My supervisor has come to look forward to this, so I told her about the two-disc, naughty-nice combo. "What could possibly be on the naughty one?" she asked.

I got the discs in the mail yesterday. (Thanks Moddy!) Listened to Naughty one first. Whoa, Nellie.

Draft saved Draft deleted