1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The decade in N.Y. Post covers

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by anotherjrcsurvivor, Dec 20, 2009.

1. http://www.nypost.com/promos/covers.htm?voted=1

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

That "warm up the virgins" bubble is so fucking funny.

3. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

I remember some of these covers. "Holy Shiite" is priceless. So's "I'm a Cheetah".

4. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

If I lived in New York, there's no doubt which paper I would read every day. I love the Post.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Awesome.

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The Daily News probably has the better coverage, but the Post's covers are second to none. I hope they do a sports cover vote.

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

At 50 cents what else can you buy today that provides more entertainment than The NY Post.

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I don't agree with it politically, but I've got to admit, the Post is a fun read.

My personal favorite Page Six cartoon was from years ago when David Cone was rumored to have had sex in the Mets' bullpen. The cartoon was of Cone on the pitcher's mound with his back to the reader and his hands hidden out of sight. The Mets in the dugout had wide-eyed looks on their faces and the manager yells out, "Cone, stop warming up already!"

And seen in the stands behind the dugout were Mike Tyson, Pee Wee Herman, Michael Jackson, Ted Kennedy and Kennedy's nephew (the one who had been accused of rape).

Draft saved Draft deleted