1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Death of Neoconservatism?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by zeke12, Dec 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I suspect you are one of them pointy heads and therefor I refuse to listen to your American-hating opinions.

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

FB, America-hater since 1968.

[​IMG]

3. America left me.
    I'm looking for it, though.

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Have you checked under the Tebow girl's breasts?

That's where I'd look.

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Maybe it'll be under your Christmas Holiday tree.

6. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I'm starting to think that Rudy is the Nancy Grace of presidential candidates.

7. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

A shrill shrew?

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Rudy's got problems right now that are even bigger than the seemingly never-ending treasure trove of scandals that will leak between now and the election.

He's looking at third in Iowa. That's just reality right now. Mike Huckabee is doubling Rudy's support in Iowa -- and he's still in second. And if his plan is to stop the bleeding in New Hampshire, well, that's where McCain is focusing almost all of his admittedly limited resources. Ron Paul will also likely do well there. And his crossover support can vote for a Democrat, if they choose. Not a recipe for stunning success, despite what the Rudy camp is saying right now.

Then it's South Carolina, where Romney is now within the margin of error.

In short, which primary is Rudy going to win?

Rudy's front runner status -- like HRC's -- has been largely based on national television and its reliance on early national polls -- which essentially act as name recognition quizzes. How else could Fred Thompson ever have been considered a serious candidate?

I've been telling anyone who would listen that Huckabee was going to make a run -- because when people start paying attention, they happen to notice that he's a better speaker and candidate than any of the rest of them.

9. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Neocons have to be in the running for the most reality-challenged people on the face of the earth.

10. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

My support's behind Huckabee.

I'm a conservative guy, but even I think that what a lot of neocons spew sends people over to the Dems (or the independent column) in droves.

11. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Check the wastebasket, kind sir, determine the accompanying putrefying STINK that won't go away for 50 years.

Reminds me of college, after One Girl blew chow, following a fierce game of Hearts.

We never did totally rid the room of the stench. It lingered to the point where it came to smell like buttered popcorn.

And we still watched football in that room during the kaleidoscopic whirl of a Sunday afternoon hangover (the best/worst kind).

Anyway, Impeachment. Hit me.

12. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Shall I revive the "World's most dangerous non-Muslim extremists" thread now? Just say the word... I'll go find it. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.