1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The day the journalism died: CNN plays FMK with Lindsey Graham

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by dixiehack, Oct 28, 2015.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Lindsay Graham pours beers, contemplates marrying Carly Fiorina

CNN turns a presidential candidate (albeit a hopeless one) into a bartender and then Dana Bash tops it off with a bowlderized game of Fuck, Marry, Kill

Someone can copy this over to the Trump thread if they want to discuss the politics aspect. I'm too busy being shocked that CNN has abandoned its last pretense of respectability to become Jersey Shore for senior citizens.

I don't think they could have saved their credibility if it was Jeanne Moos or the old Showbiz Tonight crew pulling this. But to have this from your Capitol Hill reporter? That's sad to me.

2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Geez. That reads like one of Ali G's "interviews" where the subject doesn't know it's all fake.

3. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

Ridiculous. But really, didn't cable "news" stations abandon journalism for entertainment long ago?

4. JordanA

JordanA Member

As a journalist, this hurts my heart. As a competent person, this hurts my head.

5. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Breaking news: CNN is a joke.

6. clintrichardson

clintrichardson Active Member

sometimes when people who aren't meant to loosen up loosen up, it gets ugly

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Did Graham say he wanted date Marco Rubio, Rand Paul or Jeb Bush?

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I thought journalism died when ESPN devoted a large segment of its news program to debating who was "Now."

Notice they've never done it since?

10. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

There's a Roger-Federer-is-gay joke in there somewhere.

11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Roger Federer wears cardigan sweaters and has his very own Alice B. Toklas for a wife.

But he doesn't look like an old lesbian. So he has that going for him.

Of course none of that has anything to do with his sexual orientation. He could just be European.

12. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Not really a good F ,Marry, Kill. He's a republican, killing Hilary is obvious. Should've picked another republican, maybe Nikki Haley. Then for democrats, have Hilary, Michelle Obama and Nancy Pelosi.

Draft saved Draft deleted