1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Day I Became a Sportswriter

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Lugnuts, May 23, 2017.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

It's a tribute for the Brain, who has been driving Gorilla Monsoon crazy up at the pearly gates,for the last two weeks.

And while the real Baron was never a member of the Heenan Family, I'm pretty sure the two of them would have gotten along quite well. They shared the same philosophy of winning if you could, losing if you must, but always cheat.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

And the Baron has a foreign object in his tights. Now, in Malta, it wouldn't be a foreign object; what would they call it there?

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Not sure. In early 1990s WCW, they would call it an international object, for fear of offending foreigners. No, I'm not making this up.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

She became sportswriter? I wonder if she’ll do briefs and do them well

Lugnuts likes this.
  5. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

What's up with your bad selves ??????

Update-- got my first story published with a more... shall we say... well known .com.

The freelance world is CRAY CRAY y'all. :eek:

I'm really going against the tide, aren't I ?

Everybody's jumping the sinking ship, and I'm stepping aboard in high heels and a cute sailor outfit acting like nothing's happening.

If anyone wants a link, PM me, and I'd love to send it to some friends for some clickage early and often.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
    Donny in his element likes this.
  6. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Need photos of Lugs in high heels and a cute sailor outfit. Stat. :D

Lugnuts likes this.
  7. studthug12

studthug12 Active Member

Good for you Lugs...need to have your heart in this if you are going to last and it sounds like you do!! Can we get a meeting together sometime in summer for SJ folks? Love to meet some people on here!

Lugnuts likes this.
  8. Lugnuts

Heck yeah. I’ve been saying I’d attend one of those for years. I think now is the right time.

9. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

It's been a few years since we had one. I enjoyed those get-togethers.

10. studthug12

studthug12 Active Member

I probably joined after the last one....can we start a thread for this topic? Maybe find out where and what time of year would be best? And start formulating a plan? As I said I'd love to meet some of you!

Houston is out...

[/MEDIA]

11. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Moddy's rules were for it to be an "official" gathering, it had to include a trip to a major league game. Then he skipped out on the game portion last time ...

We're coast-heavy re: posters. Attempts to put events together in Dallas and Chicago fell flat, for different reasons.

12. Lugnuts

I'm all about the coasts.

Draft saved Draft deleted