1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Dark Knight trailer

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Saint Lou, Sep 11, 2007.

1. Saint Lou

Saint Lou Member

I know the next Batman movie has been discussed on here, so I'm hoping this isn't a DB.

The trailer for The Dark Knight hit apple.com recently:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/thedarkknight/

After watching this trailer, though it's not much, and researching the movie a little, I'm definitely looking forward to it. I wasn't a big Batman fan in the past, but I liked Begins and I like where this one appears to be going.

2. Hiro

Hiro Member

The trailer itself is petty weak, but if you like Begins you should go out now and buy "Batman: Year One" and "The Dark Knight Returns" at your local comic shop (or maybe even B&N or Borders might have them).

Both very good books.

3. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

A trailer with no movie footage? Sounds like they were just trying to find a way to create a little buzz when they don't even have naything put together yet.

Still, very much looking forward to the movie.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Well, that trailer did nothing for me....except help me find a much cooler trailer for Iron Man.

5. Fine with me. I'm more excited going into a movie with less knowledge about it. The Interweb is spoiling too much for my tastes. If I really, really want to see something to shell out nearly $10 at the cinema, I'm staying away as much as possible. I find that I'm enjoying it more that way.

But, Heath Ledger? I'll have to see it to believe it.

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

7. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

8. Based off that trailer, I think we have the definitive Joker at long last.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Dunno.. there's a lot to be said for the Mark Hamill cartoon version

10. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

Ledger sounds like Nicholson...or at the very least Slater.

This Slater
    [​IMG]

Not this one
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

And to some Kevin Conroy will always be the best Batman ever. If I try to imagine Batman's voice, I still think of Conroy and I'm sure the same will be true for Hamill and the Joker.

But Christian Bale is the best to put on the Batman costume and Ledger looks like he will be a contender for that designation for the Joker.

12. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Ledger has the cackle down-pat, and his insanity is far more menacing than Jack's Joker ever was. It wouldn't be fair to pit the Cesar Romero or Mark Hamil versions since they were limited due to the target audience, but as far as matching the comic version (psychologically), we may have a match with Ledger.

Draft saved Draft deleted