1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Dark Knight Rises. There be SPOILERS here.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by outofplace, Dec 19, 2011.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'm sure the new contact extension helps ease his concerns, but I thought that was odd, too. I thought Tomlin was also supposed to be in it, but I don't see him on the IMDB cast list.

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Nice to see the Reno 911 officer has branched out. Also, what was the former Mayor of Baltimore doing in the plane?

3. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

I just came back and I really enjoyed it. Did not realized that was Marion Cotillard and especially liked Anne Hathaway. Did not see Robin. Nmy wife called it, but I thought it was going to be a replacement Batman.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I was hoping his real name would turn out to be Jean-Paul Valley, just so people who aren't dedicated comic readers would be wondering where the hell that came from.

5. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

One question: where was that prison? It looked like it was Afghanistan or the Middle East, but when Bruce Aay e climbed out, wasn't that Gotham on the horizon?

6. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Son of a bitch! I knew I recognized that dude. That was eating at me for half the freaking movie!

7. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

The ending stank. All Matthew Modine had to do was drop three weight classes and he could've taken Bane easily.

8. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

See what happens when you raid the cop budget to pay for education? Bane happens.

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Which guy?

10. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

The guy who played Tommy Carcetti on the Wire was the agent that you see bringing Bane and the masked folks onto the plane at the beginning of the movie.

11. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Loved it. Only issue: Bane sounded like Sean Connery.

12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I loved it -- a lot. Sure, I had some quibbles and there are plenty of holes, but I thought it raced along nicely, had a snappy script, and was entertaining. I don't expect my comic book movies to be air-tight documentaries...

...but apparently this guy does:

http://letterboxd.com/followtheblind/film/the-dark-knight-rises/

(BTW, I thought Nolan was pretty lazy in not restriping the California Plaza parking lot that he filmed the big chase scene in...the scene was shot like the vehicles were driving in a tunnel on a freeway, yet the parking stripes were clearly visible.)

Draft saved Draft deleted