1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Dark Knight Rises. There be SPOILERS here.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by outofplace, Dec 19, 2011.

1. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

Re: The Dark Knight Rises

Superman is in desparate need of a reboot on film. The five films so far have been based on a continuity that was created more than 30 years ago. It's time we have a different take on Krypton, Jor-El, and a few other things. For one, the dorky Clark has to go. No one acts like that. The best thing for the character was the shift made by the comics in the mid-80s: Clark is a regular guy and Superman is the disguise/persona.

Anyway, if done right, it's the best jumping point DC/WB has for trying to get JL off the ground. Nolan's movies are fantastic, but he definitely constructed them in a way in which no one can piggyback, as said previously.

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Re: The Dark Knight Rises

There is a Comic Con trailer online that hints at what direction Superman 2013 will be going after in its theme.

I think a young Clark saves some fellow students from drowning in a bus, but instead of being embraced as a good person and a hero, he is looked on as different. Sort of playing off what is going on in America today like the Occupy/1% hints in Batman.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I completely forgot that I started this one. I just changed the thread title to indicate spoilers. Sorry folks. I should have done that a couple of days ago.

4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Not that there's anything wrong with warning people, but do people really need to be warned that a thread about a movie that's already been released might contain people talking about what's in the movie.

/continuing_war_against_spoilerphobes

5. MightyMouse

MightyMouse Member

You'd hope people would be able to figure it out by Page 13. But you know how people are ...

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I hate the people who throw up the SPOILER!!! card, yet refuse to watch a TV show live, or even within a week or two on DVR, because they'd rather watch the entire season at once on DVD. Or people who still get pissed when you spoil things from a show that's been off the air for years, like "The Wire." However, for this movie I was willing to tread lightly through the opening weekend.
    Once the spoiler cat was out of the bag, though, fuck 'em. Avoid the thread and come back when you've seen it.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Watching the opening moments of the MOS trailer, I honestly thought we were getting Aquaman.

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Watch this while you can...

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Certainly looks better than that little teaser they are showing ahead of The Dark Knight Rises.

10. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Two pet peeves of mine here: when people flip out about spoilers to things that are already out and when people worry that every thread they create will be a D_B so instead of looking around thoroughly (there is a search function), they apologize in advance.

11. Dark_Knight

Dark_Knight Member

It's those people who need Bruce Wayne's face to be shown at the end of the DKR so they know what the hell is going on.

12. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

I saw it. Did not like it at all. The main reason - I could not understand a single thing Bane said for the entire duration of the movie. The scene at the football field - a five-minute monologue where I heard "Mpqwgqow qenfowq wfwna aewofgj bgnre beroa peroyem!" repeatedly. It was like Christopher Nolan told the digital voice tech "Make it sound like Bane is speaking underwater."

Hard to enjoy a movie where you can't understand anything one of the main characters says for 3 hours.

Draft saved Draft deleted