1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"the dark knight"/maggie g. debate

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by shockey, Jun 14, 2009.

1. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Maybe she is really good in bed.

2. shockey

shockey Active Member

DING! DING! DING! ;D ;D ;D

winner, winner, chicken dinner. ;) ;) ;)

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

She added as muc as the ADA as Elizabeth Rohm did to L&O; had her rare moments, but overall a big miss. She needed to be more dynamic for the role, and you came away thinking "eh"

4. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Rohm was so wooden on L&O. Nobody ever told her about the concept of changing the tone of her voice to show some emotion.

5. cwilson3

cwilson3 Member

I compare her to Leelee Sobieski. Someone I never dug, but she got lots of movies and some guys really thought she was hot. Just not me.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Leelee was a younger version of Helen Hunt -- cute, but wooden in front of a camera.

7. standman

standman Member

Maggie G = Shelley Duval = Olive Oyl

8. Sly

Sly Active Member

After seeing it in the theater, I thought that TDK would be a movie I'd watch over and over again, but when I bought the DVD, the awful performances from Christian Bale and Maggie Gylennhaal had me turning it off about 45 minutes into my second viewing. I've actually watched Iron Man five or six times, though. Gwyneth pushes all my good buttons and then some.

9. thegrifter

thegrifter Member

Actually, if I remember correctly, Holmes dropped out because she already committed to Mad Money with Diane Keaton and Queen Latifa and that was the project she preferred, believe it or not.

10. RossLT

RossLT Guest

I am so relieved that I am not the only one that thought Bale was bad. He tries too hard to be the brooding, intense, dark guy.

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

"Well she is no cheese cracker" / Chris L

12. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

Along the Christian Bale lines, surely you guys have seen this -- 9.1 million freaking views already -- but if you haven't, it's amusing ...

Draft saved Draft deleted