1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Dark Knight is the best movie since...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, Jul 24, 2008.

1. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

I, personally, didn't like Iron Man. That's just me, though.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

If you read that blog post long enough without going comatose, you get to the part where he says Brad Renfro was better in The Client than Ledger was in TDK. That ought to earn him a few points around these parts.

3. Ironman was incredibly overrated. It doesn't even belong in the discussion with Dark Knight because Ledger's performance alone is better than anything in Ironman.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

They are very different movies that get slapped together because they are both based on comic books.

Iron Man was a lot more accessible and easier to enjoy. It had more of a sense of fun and its flaws were a little easier to take because the movie doesn't seem to take itself nearly as seriously as the Dark Knight does.

I had more fun watching Iron Man, but The Dark Knight has stayed with me longer and impressed me more.

5. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Based on critical and fan reaction to what was actually on the screen, Dark Knight was much more overrated than Iron Man.

Iron Man was more of a "Hey, never really heard much about this character, but that was a pretty cool movie with good casting. Definitely one of the better films of the genre. really enjoyed it."

Dark Knight was more of a "OhmyGOD!!!! Greatest Superhero Movie EVER!!!!! It was DARK, which means it's GOOD!!!!!! Heath Ledger, how f$#%ing seminal a PERFORMANCE!!!!!! Bloooughhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!! BbbbbbbblllllloooouuuuugggghhhhH!!!!!! It will change MOVIES!!!!!! AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AArrrrgggHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I enjoyed both. They were both very well-done in the genre, and within the mythology of the characters they were about. One got praised like it was a damn good superhero flick. The other was treated by some like it will change movies as we know them.

6. Dark Knight might be overrated, but I had people tell me Iron Man was the better movie. To me, it's not even close.

7. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I enjoyed Iron Man more. Amogn other things, it had a more conclusive ending.

But it wasn't a better movie.

8. Iron Man did definitely have the more conclusive ending and it was a lot of fun.
    I think I'd like it more if I'd seen it before Dark Knight.

9. RossLT

RossLT Guest

You sat behind that guy also!

10. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Iron Man was a fun flick but the last 1/3 rd of the movie (Save for the press conference and the scene after the credits) was poorly done. Who gives a crap about Jeff Bridges as a villian? I mean, really? That's the best you can do?

As a character, Stark came off better than Wayne in the recent installments but the Joker tips the balance back to the TDK.

Oh, and as others have pointed out, the Batman voice is pathetic and a really bad distraction.

11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

You realize Michael Caine is British, right?

12. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I agree.

You would have thought TDK was edging out The Godfather II or Goodfellas or Apocalypse Now in the top-10 movies of all time.

Iron Man made me feel good when I watched it. The last line of Iron Man is better than anything in TDK.

Draft saved Draft deleted