1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Dark Knight is the best movie since...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

What was the last movie you saw that was better than the masterpiece that is The Dark Knight?

2. Kato

Kato Active Member

Well, I don't get to a ton of movies, but I thought "No Country for Old Men" was great. So I guess I don't have to go back that far.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It's the best movie I've seen this year. It's definitely better than anything I saw last year.

I might go as far back as Fight Club. Maybe even Pulp Fiction.

4. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Is it hard to type with Christoper Nolan's cock in your mouth? :D

5. I saw this with someone who said it was the best film of its kind since Terminator 2.

It's definitely the best superhero movie ever.

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

It was a good movie. It is not the best movie I've seen in the last year.
    It's not the best superhero movie I've seen in the past year. I enjoyed 'Ironman' more.

7. Ironman came out less than three months ago.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

..."Sliced Bread: The Musical".

9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I'm shocked anyone would like Ironman more considering how little Ironman is actually in it. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the movie, but TDK blew it away.

I usually struggle to compare movies of one genre to another, but I don't think it's far off to say that TDK is the best action movie since T2. If pressed to compare it to all the movies I've seen in the last few years, it might be the best I've seen since 'Gladiator.' But again, it's tough to compare an action/superhero flick to a psychological thriller or a drama.

10. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

That was quality work, batman.

11. shockey

shockey Active Member

it's a shoo-in for an oscar for 'best movie ever made.' ;) [ricky bobby]

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

That is correct, thus the reference to the fact that Batman II is not the best superhero movie I've seen in the past year.

Draft saved Draft deleted