1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Dan Jenkins crystal ball

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SockPuppet, May 6, 2011.

1. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

I'm a big Dan Jenkins fan. Came across this 2001 interview in Golf Digest. He was asked how many majors Tiger Woods would win. His answer:

Two years ago I would have said 10 or 12, but now I put the over-and-under at 24. He already has nine [including three U.S. Amateurs], he's only 25, and he's proved there's nobody even remotely in his class.

"I never thought I'd ever see a greater shotmaker than Hogan or a greater winner than Nicklaus, but I have. It's Tiger. Not that I still wouldn't want Ben to get the drive in the fairway for me for my life. But Tiger makes all those other slugs out there today look like they don't even know how to play. We're talking about a truly remarkable athlete here. Something the game has never seen. Only two things can stop Tiger--injury or a bad marriage."

Nailed it.
  2. cyclingwriter

cyclingwriter Active Member

Injuries and a bad marriage...but I can't quibble with that call.
  3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Given who and what Tiger is, the only options were "no marriage" or "bad marriage."
Draft saved Draft deleted