1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Daily Journal (Vineland, N.J.)

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by philly fanatic, Apr 13, 2007.

1. The Daily Journal, an 18,000-circulation (and growing) daily in Vineland, NJ, is looking for an energetic sports writer to join our team. The ideal candidate will have excellent reporting and writing skills, a strong work ethic and a drive to be the best. Our writers are encouraged to embrace the local sports scene and write with authority. Our focus is local high school and community sports. Staff writers have high school beats and produce regular game coverage, notebooks, features, trend pieces and enterprise.

Editing and pagination skills a plus, but not required.

Vineland is located in southern New Jersey, 30 miles south of Philadelphia and 35 minutes east of Atlantic City. We're two hours from New York City and Washington, D.C.

We have fun here. It's a great place to work and the staff is composed of a bunch of great people.

Interested candidates should send cover letter, resume, references and clips by e-mail to: jcarris@vineland.gannett.com.

2. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Who departed this gig?

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

Somebody who had enough sense to get the hell out of Vineland

4. Mitch21

Mitch21 Member

vineland might be bad but its close to a lot of big time cities

5. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

I'm not real up on NJ geography, but is it possible to travel 35 minutes east of Atlantic City and still be on dry land?

6. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

That's only if you mess up. You'll be sleeping with the fishes.

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

Actually, Vineland is about 45 miles West of Atlantic City.
    If you like wasteland and cranberry bogs, this is the place for you.

8. Is this possible for a Gannett rag?

9. Kar33mSkyhook

Kar33mSkyhook Member

Is there a chance for an entry-level nugget with college & internship experience like me?

10. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

You're hired for asking that question!

11. Mitch21

Mitch21 Member

I love wasteland...when I think of things I want to live around...wasteland is the first thing that comes to mind.

12. Kar33mSkyhook

Kar33mSkyhook Member

so who's appling for this job or have applied already? I have, through email but i haven't gotten a response yet.

Draft saved Draft deleted