1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Daily Jounal - Sports Writer

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Rookie23, May 2, 2007.

1. Rookie23

Rookie23 Member

From journalismjobs.com

The Daily Journal, an 18,000-circulation (and growing) daily in Vineland, NJ, is looking for an energetic sports writer to join our team. The ideal candidate will have excellent reporting and writing skills, a strong work ethic and a drive to be the best. Our writers are encouraged to embrace the local sports scene and write with authority. Our focus is local high school and community sports. Staff writers have high school beats and produce regular game coverage, notebooks, features, trend pieces and enterprise.

Editing and pagination skills a plus, but not required.

Vineland is located in southern New Jersey, 30 miles south of Philadelphia and 35 minutes east of Atlantic City. We're two hours from New York City and Washington, D.C.

We have fun here. It's a great place to work and the staff is composed of a bunch of great people.

Interested candidates should send cover letter, resume, references and clips by e-mail to: jcarris@vineland.gannett.com.

This sounds pretty good. Anybody heard of it?

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Dude - STOP. Many of these jobs are already posted (AP in NY, Lynchburg, etc.).

3. Rookie23

Rookie23 Member

Sorry about that. I didn't know they were posted.

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Take a quick look first - use the search function.

5. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

Damn! Talk about post-padding.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

yes.

7. PTOWN

PTOWN Member

This Rookie dude has started 15 threads on the first page of the jobs board alone. I have been a member to this site for five years and never even started a thread. I need to play catchup I guess.

Draft saved Draft deleted