1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Daily Citizen (Searcy, Ark.)

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by philly fanatic, Apr 4, 2007.

1. Thats impressive.

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Did it have wheels?

3. 2underpar

2underpar Active Member

given today's job market, how many j-school grads at smaller schools can afford to turn down any opportunity?
    Those better-paying jobs out there aren't exactly going to newbies with little experience. Seems like every decent opening these days gets 100-plus applicants.

4. Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke Member

it's all about what you spend your money on

5. I spent all my money on beer and strippers.

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Well, you'll be saving in Searcy. Dry as a bone and not a strip joint within 30 miles.

7. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Oh yeah...I guess I failed to mention that. White County (where Searcy is) is completely dry. I don't think any of the restaurants have even gotten private membership status to sell liquor yet.

8. Yeah, the closest would be Cabot in order to find that type of liquid refreshment, unless you go past Bald Knob on U.S. 64 and head into Woodruff County. But why go there?

9. They got any strippers in Cabot ??

10. I couldn't tell you on that, Huckleberry.
    However, if you're that desperate, Little Rock is just another 20 minutes or so down the road, and they're loaded with both the legal and illegal kind.

11. Buckeye12

Buckeye12 Member

I'm paying my part-time clerk $7.50 per hour. That's ridiculous.

12. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

A college graduate taking a job that requires a college degree (or equivalent experience) should be able to afford his/her own 1-BR apartment on the salary he/she makes.

No exceptions.

That is a minimum standard of living that professional, full-time employment should be able to account for. A bare fucking minimum.

No fucking exceptions.

Draft saved Draft deleted