1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Daily Advertiser (Lafayette, La.) -- prep sports reporter

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by boundforboston, Mar 12, 2015.

1. boundforboston

boundforboston Well-Known Member

The Daily Advertiser, a Gannett Co. Inc. company, is seeking a Prep Sports Reporter to take high school sports coverage beyond gamers, engaging readers with multi-media stories across platforms about area high school sports. The Prep Sports Reporter will be expected to provide a mix of alternative storytelling, daily coverage, features and top-notch watchdog journalism.

This person will need to be self-directed, using metrics and a deep understanding of and curiosity about competition for our customers' time and money, to grow an audience and develop a brand as the go-to high school sports expert in Acadiana. He or she will work closely with The Daily Advertiser sports team, sports planning editors and other sports journalists across Gannett Louisiana. Should be comfortable on social media and attending live events.

We offer competitive pay and benefits which include 401(k), tuition reimbursement, health insurance, life insurance, mileage reimbursement, and more.

About Gannett Co., Inc.
    Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an international media and marketing solutions company that informs and engages more than 100 million people every month through its powerful network of broadcast, digital, mobile and publishing properties. Our portfolio of trusted brands offers marketers unmatched local-to-national reach and customizable, innovative marketing solutions across any platform. Gannett is committed to connecting people – and the companies who want to reach them – with their interests and communities. For more information, visit www.gannett.com.

We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.

Career Opportunities: Reporter - Prep Sports (52483)

2. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

Kevin Foote is a good guy to work alongside and this is an area rich in high school sports. I won't lie, it's going to be a lot of work, but you won't find a better group of coaches to deal with anywhere else (in my humble opinion). Lafayette is also a wonderful place to live. Lots of great places to eat, cool places to visit and New Orleans is only two hours away.

I worked there for 10 years, so if you have any questions specific to the area or to the sports scene, PM me.

3. Reed DeSalvo

Reed DeSalvo New Member

Can anyone shed more light on this position?

How quickly they're looking to make a hire? Years of experience required?

I'm very interested in this position as I grew up an hour from Lafayette, but I only have one-year experience at a daily newspaper in Mississippi.

Draft saved Draft deleted