1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Crying Game

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Pete Roses Bookie, Jul 23, 2006.

1. LiveStrong

LiveStrong Active Member

C) He's not crying JUST because he won or lost. There's extra emotion in the scene because of his father.

2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

C) He's not crying JUST because he won or lost. There's extra emotion in the scene because of his father.
    Absolutely. I think the crying thing is cliche 99.9 percent of the time, but I was totally intrigued by this photo and made sure to catch the reruns to see the whole story (the long embrace with Evil Caddie Williams, and the supermodel wife). This was a very rare peek into Tiger's personality. As one writer wrote, the moment was completely gone a few minutes later in an interview; Tiger didn't even have puffy eyes or anything.

We'll get plenty more of Tiger in the next 20 years, but we'll never see this again. So it works for me.

3. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Bob Knight's tears cause cancer. Good thing he never cries.

4. crimsonace

crimsonace Well-Known Member

When state tournament time rolls around -- especially for girls -- our photog comes to me and asks "who's most likely to lose?"

He lives for the crying girl dejection shot.

Draft saved Draft deleted