1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The countdown has begun on Andy Reid

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Drip, Nov 18, 2008.

1. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

While their QBs aren't necessarily better at this very moment in time, I'd add the Broncos, Packers and Falcons to your list. The Vikings? It would be like a sitcom. The Eagles would make that call and there would be a Vikes representative at their door before they hung up.

2. Seahawk

Seahawk Member

I have to disagree about his accuracy. In 10 seasons, he has completed at least 60 percent of his attempts only twice. He had one great passing season, in 2004, when he threw for 3,875 yards, completed 64 percent of his throws and had 31 TDs with 8 picks. That is a great season. Typically though, he is pretty much average in terms of accuracy.

3. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Thank you. THAT'S the truth.

4. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I'd rather have the Bears starting QB than McNabb.

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Outing alert JakeandEllwood is Paul Brown. C'mon that is just wrong.

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Given Orton's broad progression this season, so would I.

7. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Saying we'd take Ryan Fitzpatrick would be wrong.

Saying we'd take Kyle Orton is not.

8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I guess I am idiot then, but there is no way in hell I'm taking Orton and his few good games over McNabb. Agree to disagree I guess.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The Vikings or Lions would be a perfect fit for McNabb. I don't think anyone else would be dumb enough to give up what it would take to get him.

10. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I can't even go that far, Mizzou. I'm trying to picture what WOULD be a perfect fit for McNabb -- and I don't think such a place exists anymore. He's a free-wheeling quarterback without the free wheels.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Apropos of nothing, but Simon, your new avatar makes me chuckle.

12. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

Do you really think those stats are equivalent?
    McNabb has thrown for nearly 4,000 more yards and 31 more touchdowns.

Not to be a know it all, but I've covered both quarterbacks. McNabb's recent play has been incredibly disappointing. In his prime, though, he was a much better quarterback than Garcia ever had the physical ability to be.
    That Tampa-New York playoff game last January, at the end of the strong season for Garcia, tells you everything you need to know about how far he can take a team. That's why however well he does, his team is always looking for someone better.
    Donovan is really lost/discouraged/in a fog right now. But he has been a great quarterback, and he might be again, somewhere.

Draft saved Draft deleted