1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The countdown has begun on Andy Reid

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Drip, Nov 18, 2008.

1. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Reid's son smuggled, via his bunghole, several dozen illegal pills into his jail cell. That's arrogance. Reid's just another overpaid and overfed football coach.

2. shotglass

shotglass Guest

You'd be amazed how many Iggles fans believe Donovan McNabb is a Hall of Fame quarterback. It is to laugh. My memory of him 20 years from now is going to be of an 8-yard out being thrown into the ground three feet in front of the receiver.

I'll go a step further. There's been some talk about McNabb going to Chicago next year. And I'm thinking: Orton or McNabb. McNabb or Orton. Hmmmmmm. Not really so simple.

On the other hand, there are about 20 NFL franchises that would kill to have Andy Reid running their show.

This is a real no-brainer.

3. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

More silliness and hyperbole to prove a ridiculous point.

There are at least as many, if not more, owners of NFL franchises who'd trade their starting quarterback for McNabb right now as there are owners of NFL franchises who'd trade their head coach for Reid.

In fact, if you are saying there are 20 teams who'd die to have Reid, I'll tell you without a doubt there are more that would die to have McNabb.

The Steelers, Patriots, Colts, Chargers and Giants and perhaps the Cowboys and maybe the Saints are the only teams who would say, "thanks and no thanks" to an offer of McNabb for their quarterback straight up - and he is better than Roethlisberger and Romo and at least as good as Rivers.

4. shotglass

shotglass Guest

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

As someone else noted, the Eagles have rotating captains. McNabb was not in the middle of the field for the coin flip before overtime. I remember L.J. Smith, who called the flip, being one of the three and Mike Patterson was another. I can't recall the third, but know it wasn't McNabb.

6. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

7. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

McNabb does throw a nice square out.

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

. . . goes to the runner.

9. jagtrader

jagtrader Active Member

Really? My memory will be that time he scrambled around for about 15 seconds against the Cowboys and threw a 60-yard pass to Freddie Mitchell. I think it's easy to forget how great he was before all the injuries hurt his mobility.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

How many QBs do you take over McNabb? How many coaches do you take over Reid?

Reid is still a top 10 coach. McNabb is not a top 10 QB anymore.

11. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

That's probably right.

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

That's close to me, I don't know if there are ten QB's better than McNabb.
    Which says more about the QB's in this league than it does about Mcnabb.

Draft saved Draft deleted