1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Communist Party is back!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JR, Mar 26, 2007.

1. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Marx was German.

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Yawn, are you related to Senator McCarthy?

3. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Yeah, but adopted lovingly by the Soviets, who then annexed East Germany.

Until those yearning to be free brought down the damn curtain, along with the hearts of many who post here who thought "But Marx's system was supposed to work!"

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

My favorite part of East Germany was its hairy-armed women swimmers. What about you Yawn?

5. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Well, while America was crying foul in those competitions, now that the walls have been torn down, those juices helped change baseball in a positive way, didn't they?

Meanwhile, we've perfected the drugs. Our females who may or may not be on roids still look like women.

6. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I like macaroni and cheese.

7. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I like beer.

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Christ, Yawn is stupid even on the humorous sites.

Well, I've ordered my t-shirt. Hell, if there were another SportsJournalists.com Toronto outing, I'd make it the official jersey. :)

Can't wait to wear it to The Goose--lots of ex Russians, Poles and Alabanians there.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I love lamp

10. I own 5 or 6 shirts from threadless.com, including the aforementioned Communist Party shirt. This one, called "The Early Bird and the Worm" is probably my favorite shirt.
    [​IMG]

11. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

When I look at that T-shirt it leads me to believe that a spectre is haunting Europe -- the spectre of communism. All the powers of old Europe have entered into a holy alliance to exorcise this spectre: Pope and Tsar, Metternich and Guizot, French Radicals and German police-spies.

Where is the party in opposition that has not been decried as communistic by its opponents in power? Where is the opposition that has not hurled back the branding reproach of communism, against the more advanced opposition parties, as well as against its reactionary adversaries?

Two things result from this fact:

I. Communism is already acknowledged by all European powers to be itself a power.

II. It is high time that Communists should openly, in the face of the whole world, publish their views, their aims, their tendencies, and meet this nursery tale of the spectre of communism with a manifesto of the party itself.

To this end, Communists of various nationalities have assembled in London and sketched the following manifesto, to be published in the English, French, German, Italian, Flemish and Danish languages.

12. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Draft saved Draft deleted