1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Comedy Central Roast of.......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef2, Aug 4, 2010.

1. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

They should have people like Eddie Murphy and just about anyone else that played on SNL before 1995. Those people are funny. Hulk Hogan is just old and tan.

2. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

No, that's Ethel Kennedy.

3. Petrie

Petrie Guest

At least with Hogan around, we might get some Brooke jokes...and some Brooke shots...

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Find a star with a sense of humor - Jim Carey or George Clooney or Jennifer Anniston.

5. mb

mb Active Member

It's one thing to have a sense of humor. It's a whole other thing to subject yourself to this.

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Comedy Central's On Demand has a few clips of earlier roasts as a tease to the Hoff's.

My favorite lines -- Cloris Leachman telling John Stamos that he will do something to him that no woman has ever done -- put him in the movies. Or Greg Giraldo telling Ice-T that he's so old that the thing that he bought with his first record company deal was his freedom.

7. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

You may think you are just being an old man, txsportsscribe, but you are also right about these current roasts. They are borderline garbage as far as I am concerned. The newer crop of "celebs" are not funny (Well....make that rarely funny), and the Comedy Central ones do revolve around filth (and at some points), just plain ignorance and stupidity. I have seen bits and pieces of Pam Anderson's and Shatner's but the rest of them I do not care to see.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I saw bits and pieces of Pam Anderson on the roast as well.

9. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

Lampanelli will absolutely kill Hasselhoff.

10. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

lampanelli = absolutely no talent at all.

11. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Oh, c'mon, scribe! Lamps has two talents.

12. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Betty White's roast of Shatner was epic.

"Darling, you were supposed to EXPLORE the galaxy, not fill it."

Draft saved Draft deleted