1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The College Football Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), Aug 15, 2006.

1. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

Yet all anybody catches from Ronnie is herpes.

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

DOH -- Eastern Washington is generally a stronger opponent than Buffalo anyway. Seriously.

3. Overrated

Overrated Guest

He's right. Buffalo sucks. And, they have a new coach.

4. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

C'mon Overrated, how can you not show some Big Love to Buffalo's new coach...

Turner Gill?

Ohio State, to me has a chance, if they get past @Texas, @Iowa, and Michigan this year. The Big Ten looks iffy to me this year. Carr is under the gun at Ann Arbor and with two new coordinators, he'll have to run the tables and not fuck it up in a bowl game to shut up the critics.

5. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

I don't know what it is, but Michigan can't beat a team with a mobile quarterback. They couldn't beat Iowa in The Big House, when they had Brad Banks at quarterback. The couldn't even beat Troy Smith before he was a heisman trophy candidate(I'm not talking about last year, I'm talking about the year before that.) You would think that Michigan would have no problem with a moblie quarterback because of the strong core they have at the linebacker position.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I know Michigan beat Iowa last year, but I like the Hawkeyes' chances this time. And I'm hoping Penn State comes from nowhere again to dominate the Big 10, being the homer that I am.

7. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Yeah, Derrick Williams and Tony Hunt are great players for Penn State. I'm just a little shaky on Anthony Morelli. But I'm sure Joe Pa will have him ready for the season.

EDIT: And I also like Iowa to beat Michigan. I think Drew Tate is going to be a sleeper this season for the heisman race.

8. Overrated

Overrated Guest

This problem has been going on since Tony Rice was at Notre Dame, and, probably before.

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Arizona State is in disarray, about 6 weeks ahead of schedule.

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/index.php?sty=72130

10. Since today would have been Joe Strummer's 54th birthday - it would have been nice if the headline on that article was "Rudy Can't Fail"

Draft saved Draft deleted