1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The College Football Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), Aug 15, 2006.

1. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

best player in college football? outing alert, novelist is calvin 'i can't be stopped (except in my last two games last year)' johnson

he's a very, very good wide receiver -- best player in college football? no. and he can't be because reggie ball sucks donkey balls

2. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Who is?

Brady Quinn is obviously the Heisman front-runner. Then there's Adrian Peterson, Troy Smith and Brian Brohm. I'll throw Pat White in the mix if WVU goes unbeaten. Paul Posluszny, too, though a defensive player would merely be filling a chair at the Hilton.

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Ahmad Brooks, of course. ::)

4. Strange - I just found out that if you Google "Brady Quinn's penis" my blog comes up as the 8th choice/match.

Just thought I'd mention that.

5. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

I'd just like to add that college football season starts in like two weeks, and that's fuckin awesome.

6. USC's final three games are Cal, Notre Dame and then at UCLA.

I can picture the wheels falling off and the Trojans finishing 9-3 or 8-4 this year.

7. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

Go Blue

8. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

I hope they do better than the Fiesta Bowl if they're unbeaten. That's not the National Championship game anymore. The Fiesta takes place before the big game.

I also would question the "Pat White has less arm strength than Vick" statement. I'm not sure how you judge either way. Pat White was drafted in the 4th round by Anaheim as an outfielder out of HS. He has shown me a pretty powerful arm.

Finally, I would add this about West Virginia's schedule: It was conceived back when BC, Miami and VT were still on it. Take those off anybody's schedule and it falls down. Mississippi State was added years ago before Sherrill left it in ruins. And Buffalo backed out of a contract this spring and they had to grab Eastern Washington. Plus the governor forced the Marshall series when maybe WVU would have had the option of picking up a "name" opponent for the 12th game. Maryland and East Carolina are traditional annual opponents who have not been as good in the last couple years.

Given my defense of it, however, there aren't many home games enticing me to return to Morgantown (UMD? USF? Cuse is the homecoming opponent.)

The schedule in the next few years includes Fla St, ND, Mich St, Auburn, among others.

Still, given all that, starting 7th and if they run the table plus beat a Louisville team that could conceivably be in the top 10, they have a good shot. Not many teams beat MORE than one top-10 team per season until the bowls.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Better?

10. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

It's an adjustment we all must make. There are still plenty who think it will be played in Tempe.

11. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

OK, so we agree on Reggie Ball. ;D

As for Pat White, well, he could've been drafted by the Glasgow Caber Tossing Team and his arm still wouldn't be as strong as Vick's. Mr. Mexico has a fucking cannon.

Draft saved Draft deleted