1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The College Football Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), Aug 15, 2006.

1. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Schedule's in their favor. If they get through Baton Rouge undefeated, they've got a real chance. They don't have any hard games back to back. They play UGA and Bama back to back, but that's it.

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Homer alert ...

... I'd like to point out that Virginia Tech tends to perform at its best when no one expects them to do shit. That seems to be the case this year. The roadies at Miami and Boston College are really the only tough games. Hell, Tech's got a schedule that would make West Virginia blush (Northeastern, Kent State, Cincinnati, Southern Miss).

3. They also choke when the spotlight is on and Miami comes late in the season when Tech should be up in the polls.

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

No doubt, Lou ... the thing is that no one will expect them to beat Miami in Coral Gables this year ... just like no one expected them to do it in 2004. You never know. I knew the second the expectation level hit the roof last year that Tech would crumble. They were awful in that Miami game.

5. I can't wait for the games to begin

BTW - Holy Cross will win the Patriot League this year. Lots of returning starters.

6. dog428

dog428 Active Member

I'm gonna give Southern the nod in the SWAC, although Grambling and Alabama A&M should both be right there. That Bayou Classic will be a big one. Maybe if the division title is on the line a bunch of fans will show up.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I'd like to see Notre Dame get some positive coverage for a change. ::) :D :D

8. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

IMO, Fulmer needs at least eight in the W column to keep his job.

I see UT struggling mightily to win seven, and *shocker* there's some maaaaajor, major QB issues in camp right now.

9. three_bags_full

Is Cutcliffe in line for the job if Big Boy gets the boot? ;D

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Did somebody say "shocker"?

[​IMG]

11. three_bags_full

Good job, AQB. Good job.

12. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Pat White is as good as advertised. He's the second coming of Ron Mexico Michaell Vick, minus some arm strength. I've been saying since Jan. 2 that WVU would be a national title contender, but they'll have to have some major help to get to the game.

GT has perhaps the best player in college football in Calvin Johnson, but he was underutilized last year. They're crazy if they don't throw it to him 10 times a game. That said, Reggie Ball will cost them at least two games, and they're not talented enough overall to win the rest of them. Four losses on the Flats, I say.

Draft saved Draft deleted