1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The clusterfrak at the coach's first game after a soliciting bust

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by daytonadan1983, Sep 9, 2010.

1. daytonadan1983

daytonadan1983 Well-Known Member

Oh, the fun we had Thursday night in Daytona Beach, Fla.

Here's all I ask:

1) TV stations -- please send your sports people to a football game, not the clueless news side who can't get the score right and get in the sportswriters' way.

2) To whoever is handle the media access on the school side -- If coach doesn't wanna talk about the bust, that's fine. If you don't want players to talk, I can understand and live with it. But find a way for the coach (and maybe ONE player) to talk about the game so the sportswriters can file by 10:30. Have the radio guy ask three questions, use a tape recorder for quotes. It doesn't matter. Figure it out.

Okay, I feel better. Venting on a board does help

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Re: The clusterfrak at the coach's first game after a solication bust

Wow. You're asking people to use common sense and think ahead. Silly you.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Re: The clusterfrak at the coach's first game after a solication bust

Muggsy didn't say ANYTHING about the game?

4. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

"Um ...

A ...

Coach ...

Did you find it difficult to score?"

5. CYowSMR

CYowSMR Member

Daytonadan has a problem thinking people are as smart as him. It's too bad they aren't.

BTW, Dan..OT: Did you get the AFL job?

6. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

That's quality right there

7. daytonadan1983

daytonadan1983 Well-Known Member

Wow, a compliment on the SportsJournalists.com board.

My update
    1) No word from the AFL.
    2) I came back to DB to see my kids for the first time in 2 years. Then I found out the SL Tribune stringer budget wasn't going to be what it was ... and folks, the best set-up I've ever had as a stringer is the SL Tribune. Thank you Jim Patrick and Danyelle White. Then B-CU offered me contract work for the football season, and the SID left three days before kickoff. So I'm here for three months. My wife hates it, but understands.

Tim Stephens in Orlando has been good to me as well since I've been here and next week I start writing for the UFL, so we'll see.

8. CYowSMR

CYowSMR Member

Good to hear. Hope all is well with you, and UFL gig should be interesting at the least. Plenty of Arena guys to rehash some memories with.

9. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

I remember Dan from my days in Jacksonville... did a great job, even back in those days (I haven't worked there since 1994).

Draft saved Draft deleted