1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Closer. ... Anyone watch?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Feb 3, 2009.

1. Does anyone watch The Closer on TNT, with Kyra Sedwick?
    I had been a big fan - going out of my way to watch the show each and every week. That's rare for me - the last was the Gilmore Girls, before the final season.
    The last three episodes, dating back to the season finale ... I'm quickly losing interest.
    Anyone else?
    The cliff hanger, last season (SPOILERS!!!!!!) ....

Where Det. Sanchez was shot during the mall shooting really pissed me off. The whole final scene was ... was ... awful.
    A bunch of cops can't hit a kid on the roof?
    Then when Sanchez is shot, nevermid they have evacuated the mall and all the police and emergency personnel had descended on the mall, a helicopter flies in to the roof to cart Sanchez off, with Sedgwick riding along? No EMS staff?
    Shit.
    Now this season, they opened up with a lot more of her personal life. That was a nice break from the action before. Not it seems en route to becoming wrapped up in the plot - complete with her parents, who annoy the shit out of me. They just clog the show.

Last night, ... I don't know what last night was all about?
    The cops, some of whom were supposed to have worked in vice couldn't recognize a man dressed as a woman? Jesus H. Christ I knew it when he-she opened the door. It was confirmed when I saw his Adam's apple when it was stopped for driving without a license.
    And then Sanchez is kissing the suspect?!!!! In the station, while fingerprinting him-her?
    Come the Fuck ON.
    One more episode like that and I'm done.

Anyone else?

2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I gave up last season. Like the supporting cast a lot, especially Pope and Povenza. But I felt like the new episodes were more of the same and the stuff with her and Fritz is very boring (except any interaction between Provenza and Brenda's mother).

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I've seen so many of the video pop-up promos blocking what I'm actually trying to watch that I feel like I'm an avid viewer of the program.

4. Cadet

Cadet Guest

I have also been saddened, but I remain optimistic.

I'm sad they haven't developed Fritz more as a character. Now he just hangs in the back, doesn't say much, does as he is told and puts up with Brenda's shit. I've never seen the chemistry between those two.

5. highlander

highlander Member

Brenda likes chocolate more that Fritz. Love, Brenda's parents though.

6. That was a probelm I had from the start, was Fritz is an FBI guy, but he never does shit.
    I accepted his role as a simple character. I guess she needs a love interest.
    I really enjoy Provenza and Yow.

7. John

John Well-Known Member

I'm typically a Kyra fan, but I can't get past the accent.

8. AgatePage

AgatePage Active Member

i like it.

9. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

That's part of my problem, too.

10. It's a little over done.

Draft saved Draft deleted