1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Cleveland Show

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by cowboy2001, Sep 29, 2009.

1. cowboy2001

cowboy2001 Member

Just watched the pilot on Hulu ... King of the Hill got canceled for this shit?!

2. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

King of the Hill got canceled because no one was watching it anymore.
    It's a pretty simple formula.

3. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

The Cleveland Show's premiere would have worked as a one-shot Family Guy episode:

Give Cleveland a family almost identical to Peter's: Hot wife, Fat, sort of dumb older son, daughter who parents are not happy with, smart-ass infant. But make them African-American and have a redneck be the neighbor. Yay, single-episode comedy . . . myrrrh (what, you thought I'd say "Gold"?).

But having him stay there instead of going to California (with an aching . . . in his heart)? Yeah, this will last more than one season. Only because they want to keep Seth MacFarlane happy. Just tough to watch. Of course, so was American Dad at first, and Family Guy's early episodes now play like a third-rate Simpsons wannabe. Both shows improved, so we'll see.

Family Guy premiere was pretty funny, though.

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

By and large, the critics who ripped Cleveland didn't want to like it. And it showed.

It needs work, but the laughs were there, and it's already ten times the show unmitigated crap like American Dad will ever be.

Needless to say, the Family
    Guy season-opener was priceless, as are most of the dedicated Stewie/Brian
    festivals.

5. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

"A Jew!"
    Yeah, the FG premiere had a bunch of
    laughs. I really loved the Robot Chicken dimension when Stewie (McF) asks Chris (Seth Green) "So, how does it feel to be on a major network for 30 seconds?" Hilarious.

6. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Awesome episode. Family dog is named Meadowlark Lemon

7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

This show is absolutely awful.

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Sorry thought this was about Eric Mangini

9. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Well said. It's basically background noise between the Simpsons and Family Guy.

But I may have to start surfing in between the two.

10. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

I definitely wasn't impressed with the opener, but, hey, I'll give it a shot....

11. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Tonight was the second show. Premiere was last week.

12. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

Hank and family needed to be the lead in to The Simpsons like it used to be.

Draft saved Draft deleted