1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Cleveland Cavs owner wrote his open letter in 'Comic Sans'?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by The Big Ragu, Jul 9, 2010.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/news/gilbert_letter_100708.html

I really thought LeBron was an egotistical punk. And then I saw the link above. The letter is kind of awesome. The typeface, not so awesome. No wonder LeBron left Cleveland! He probably dreaded 6 more years of paychecks written in Zapf Dingbats.

2. When I grow up, I want to be the guy who comes up with names for fonts.

3. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

For halloween last year a group of my friends went dressed as fonts. Comic Sans MS was a clown. Tahoma was a cowboy. Times New Roman wore a toga.

4. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

With that font, I thought the letter would end with a supposed-to-be-funny video, and would start with Fwd: Fwd: Fwd: Fwd: Fwd: Fwd: Fwd: Fwd: Fwd:

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

It just shows the importance of choosing the right font for the job.

6. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

He'd have been much better off if he had used Wingdings

7. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

I *will* say that it's the longest Comic Sans document I've seen without LOL or ;) in it.

8. I guess there is a fine line between awesome and idiotic.
    "I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER ‘KING’ WINS ONE"

Does he really think this? I can't believe that he does.

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

That is one of the top three things that makes the letter awesome.

10. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

This is the best line:

"Some people think they should go to heaven but NOT have to die to get there."

11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I wish I was able to go around campus deleting all but about 5 fonts. I'd also like to have Publisher deleted from the Office Suite.
    That would make my job so much easier.

12. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

Concerning the font, I was waiting for the letter to say that you need to bring a 64-count box of crayons, safety scissors, a box of Kleenex (TM), a shoebox and a glue stick to the first day of class.

Along with an extra sweater for your cubby in case the classroom is too chilled for your liking.

Draft saved Draft deleted