1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Cincinnati Post winds down

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by lantaur, Dec 9, 2007.

1. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Damn, I'm gonna miss that blog too. Any word on where Rosecrans is landing?

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Anyone who can hook me up with a copy of the last Post, please PM me. i'll cover all postage and then some.

3. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Find an employee. They'll get six copies. :D

4. John

John Well-Known Member

According to his final blog post, he's got a local offer of some kind and an offer to cover an MLB team elsewhere.

5. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I figured as much, but I know Birmingham took on at least one person in sports when that caper went down.

6. Angola!

Angola! Guest

That final blog post was a solid read and the comments were amazing considering what most of us hear from our readers. Good luck to C. Trent.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

There was no at least.
    One. One person in sports. The columnist went to sports and they hired a news side reporter. And that's it, although the hired a news-side page designer a few months ago who closed up the PH.

8. JLawson

JLawson Member

Maybe it's that Phillies job we saw posted not too long ago.

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I checked the old cincypost.com URL just now, and got a surprise. It redirects to the old kypost.com domain (Kentucky Post, which the Cincy paper circulated on the south side of the Ohio) and that site has an entirely new look with the slogan "life in the (859)" (a reference to the area code in northern Kentucky).

Perhaps that online project we heard the speculation about is more than just a rumor, although it may just be a repeater for online stories from WCPO.

10. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Rats, my family in Cincy tried to get me a Post at 9 a.m. yesterday and they were all sold out. I wonder if there was any kind of extra press run.

Amazingly, last I checked, only three copies of the final Post were on ebay. Apparently the only nostalgia is among us.

11. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

from yesterday's cincinnati post

but they did screw up by not hiring terry boehmker

12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Damn straight. Most of the people I know in NKy who despise the Enquirer (and that's a lot) would have reconsidered had Gannett hired him.

Draft saved Draft deleted