1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Cincinnati Post winds down

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by lantaur, Dec 9, 2007.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I know there are some posties on here... I wish all of you the best of luck and I hope none of you are out of work for long...

A few questions...

Is there any kind of severance package?
    Can they get unemployment?
    Has anyone been hired yet?

2. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

Here's a memo from the Post's editor on how the last day will go down.
    Among the highlights: no booze in the newsroom, you can take home up to six (six! gee, thanks) final-day papers and all your shit has to be out by Jan. 2 or it's getting tossed in the garbage.
    You stay classy, Cincinnati Post.

http://thebellwetherdaily.blogspot.com/2007/12/cincinnati-post-editors-closing-memo-no.html

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Actually, it has to be out by Dec. 31 because the soon-to-be ex-employees will be cut off fro, the news room on the 31st...

There will be no access to the newsroom after December 31. You will need to take all personal effects with you when you leave on that day. Anything left after you leave will go into the dumpster on January 2.

Fucktards...

4. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

So, only four days remaining to upper deck the men's room?

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

6. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I share the general sentiment (I called my family in Cinci, telling them to get me copies of the final Post), but who doesn't make sure all their personal effects are gone by/on their last day on a job? Of course they could have more politely said anything left behind would be discarded.

7. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

I can't believe no tourists are being allowed. Obviously Scripps is missing out on a money-making venture here.

8. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

I hope they wouldn't have tried to sell rights to the Birmingham Post-Herald's last day... God, that would have been a losing battle.

9. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

10. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Is The Enquirer looking to expand its staff at all, or all the people with Cincinnati roots SOL?

11. In Cold Blood

In Cold Blood Member

I have no idea, but i wouldn't hold my breath on the Enquirer (Gannett) expanding its staff.

12. John

John Well-Known Member

I just deleted the Reds blog from the bookmark toolbar. A sad moment.

Draft saved Draft deleted