1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The "chunky" OKC cheerleader

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Apr 30, 2013.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

It wouldn't have been an issue if she didn't already use her "skip."

Honestly, DQ was more than fair with her.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

She's kind of like a brunette Emma Stone and Cameron Diaz.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. If professors let everyone make-up exams they've missed, no one would show up on exam day.

4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I quit doing the "one dropped exam" bit a few years later, because of circumstances just like that. So many times I had a student (or students) blow off one of the early exams for whatever reason ("I didn't feel like I was prepared" was a common one) but then run into a legitimate problem later on and want a makeup. No ... the dropped exam was your makeup. You don't get a freebie "just for the hell of it" drop and then get a makeup later on if need be. But when you are dealing with 20-something college students, sometimes that gets lost in the hearing. So now, if you miss an exam, fine. You just take the cumulative final exam, and your score on that one replaces your missing score. To be fair to everyone, if anyone's score on that cumulative final is higher than earlier-in-the-semester scores, it goes in place of those as well.

5. Here me roar

Here me roar Guest

Whether you find her attractive or not, this woman is not heavy.

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

My thoughts on the subject, in an easy-to-follow video.

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

She's my sister (brother).

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

9. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Would they be in the same weight class?

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Hey, we aren't talking about Kate Upton here.

11. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

I disagree. In this instance there seems to have been a legit reason for wanting to miss the exam. The student was also doing the right thing by approaching the prof and trying to make arrangements prior to the exam rather than coming back after the fact with an excuse about being sick, car accident, etc.

It is more about the respect for the time put in that the $1200 vs $10000.

Compromises get made in the real world all the time, seems a failure to treat the student this way imo.

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Everybody has a legit reason.

Hers wasn't an "emergency". It was a financial opportunity she didn't want to pass up.

DQ allowed her to make the best decision for her. She learned a good lesson. Sounds fair to me.

Draft saved Draft deleted