1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Chicago Cubs and the "Defeat of Barack Hussein Obama"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, May 17, 2012.

1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Money is speech.

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Kenny's made some crappy moves, the past couple of years -- some of them due to pressure stemming from the fact that Reinsdorf isn't going to live forever, knows it, and wants to win -- but the Cubs have made broad incompetence a career for 70+ years, and counting.

With that ballpark.

That's hard to do.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

This could make for a fun sideshow. Until 1978, the Mormon Church banned black people from the temple. As Mitt Romney is a lifelong Mormon and was 31 years old and already earning large amounts of money by 1978, we can assume he actively supported this discriminatory organization well beyond the point that any clear-thinking person should be doing so.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Joe Ricketts has about as much to do with the ownership of the Cubs as I do.

But... whatever.

5. LongTimeListener

Your son owns the Cubs, AQB?

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Joe Ricketts talks all about how little he has to do with the ownership of the Cubs ... in this speech labeled "Joe Ricketts talks about why he bought the Cubs."

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

"I gave my kid money to buy a baseball team..."

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Great get by the NYT.

Next thing they will publish is "Should We Put Our Thoughts In a Hard Copy Form?"

9. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

The only difference between the Jim Hendry era of the Cubs and the Kenny Williams era of the White Sox is that the Sox got hot for the right few weeks in October once.

10. LongTimeListener

That and the entertainment value. I know Dusty Baker tried with the whole "black players handle the sun better" thing, but he couldn't touch Ozzie.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Well, the gloves are off... I'm sure Obama has no shortage of dirt on Mittens.

12. LongTimeListener

As for the black conservative they're looking for to lend voice to this pressing matter ... I don't know about Romney, but this guy could get behind Ron Paul:

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted