1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Chicago Cubs and the "Defeat of Barack Hussein Obama"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, May 17, 2012.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

And the Cubs just got swept ... by the Pirates.

12 losses in a row.

For all the conservatives' complaints about tradition in America going out the window, there's at least one tradition that remains alive and well ... the Cubs sucking.

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Since the Sox emergence from three decades of purgatory in '49, they've seldom been very bad for very long.

On the other hand . . .

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I'm sure the libs around here would like to chalk this up to some kind of cosmic payback for Joe Ricketts- who doesn't own the Cubs - daring to go after The Messiah but the Cubs were going to suck at a much higher rate of speed than usual this year no matter what. Anyone who was paying attention knew this months ago.

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

No doubt and no debate about the last thirty words -- but as ye sow, so shall ye reap. But the idiot decisions (including the current manager) keep on coming.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I'm not aware of any of the 122 MLB/NFL/NBA/NHL pro owners in North America who aren't conservative (other than Paul Allen, and maybe Mark Cuban, whose politics are ambivalent but seems to lean left at times.)

I just am not aware of any who are batshit insane.

Draft saved Draft deleted